Since October 2018, when I started my freelancing adventure, I have collaborated with European institutions and Romanian medical professionals to translate from RO-EN or EN-RO the following types of texts:
- online course and interface
- international legislation
- literature review
- case reporting
- abstract of PhD thesis
The texts covered a wide range of medical topics which tested my linguistic abilities, sparked my curiosity, expanded my understanding and deepened my appreciation for medical science all at the same time:
- (tricky) bioethics of transplantation, end of life, protection of the embryo, biomedical research, genetic testing
- (weird) acrometastases and lung cancer
- colorectal neoplasms and their (subtle) genetic mutations
- inflammatory bowel disease and its many (nasty) extraintestinal manifestations
In all, 44 640 words in 3 months. Not bad! I must confess that I was not expecting to enjoy translating as much as I have. I am genuinely surprised by this and am looking forward to the next translation challenge!
Fees and alternative options
To check my translation fees, click here. Also, consider translating the text yourself and having my help for editing and proofreading. Alternatively, if you are interested in developing your scientific writing skills, you can involve me in your writing process from the start as your scientific writing coach. In such a case, we will discuss and negotiate the appropriate level of my involvement and corresponding fees.