(EN): The world becomes, indeed, a better place, when you see there are teachers like Ioana, who prepares her lessons with so much passion and dedication, that I cannot stop from being surprised every time with all the new pieces of information and the challenging activities. This is why I am so glad to have her by my side on this adventurous trip. (Lorena, MD)
My teaching is a direct reflection of my deep commitment to each learner and to (language) education in general. I love to promote and witness “aha moments” that inspire growth and transformation. Also, I like to keep up to date with the latest research and developments in my field.
I can teach individuals, small groups, big groups in face-to-face, online or blended formats. I have an online learning platform with mobile app (for Android and iPhone) and often use online/mobile tools for collaboration and learning.
My strengths are:
- to teach English for Specific Purposes, such as
- academic: studying or teaching in English at university, scholarship applications
- scientific: writing and presenting scientific papers in English, writing research grant applications
- professional: medical terminology and communication, the OET exams, medical job interviews
- general: preparation for IELTS (Academic), CAE, FCE exams
- to provide unique learning experiences that matter, based on
- my best authentic self
- language and content integration
- purposeful use of resources and tools
- constructive feedback and formative assessment
- emotional safety, free flow of creativity and humor.
My fees vary depending on the stakes, complexity, duration of the session/course. I always put in time, expertise, and creativity to tailor the learning experience to the learner’s particular needs and style. I give my best, expect your best, and cherish our time. I believe that you should, too.
I always begin with a diagnostic discussion and very careful planning before charging any money. I have to know that we are both clear about your goals and realistically able to commit before I get involved.
My fees range as follows:
- 50-100 RON / 30-min online “pill” via video conferencing or other online collaboration tools
- 100-200 RON / 90-minute one-to-one, face-to-face session
- 200-300 RON / 120-minute small group workshop (2-3 learners)
- 30-60 Euro / 60-min online sessions and related feedback for 1-3 international learners
- other, depending on duration, urgency, complexity, group size, course length, etc.
- no fees for the right cause, if I have time.
I only design and deliver learning experiences based on contracts that we write and sign together. I only accept payment based on the corresponding invoices.
The occupational code under which I am authorized to teach is CAEN 8559.